Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Irons

When I went away to college, one of the things my mother insisted I buy was a small travel iron.  Honestly, I rarely iron my shirts, but I did occasionally need to iron fabric once I learned how to quilt.  So the little travel iron was quite useful.  Not to mention small and cute.  See?

It's been several years since this iron has been used.  And when I brought it out to start pressing my t-shirts for the t-shirt quilt, I noticed something wasn't quite right.  I decided that it was time to retire the iron.  Then I was in a quandry.  Cause I needed to iron, darnit!  Well, actually that's not true.  As I learned in my sewing class on Saturday, I needed to press.  Thankfully, my mother came to the rescue.

By letting me use her iron.  Which is older than I am.  I was skeptical at first.  But it seems to work.  I personally like the pea green color.  So now I can press, press away!

No comments:

Post a Comment