Saturday, January 7, 2012

Not Accepting Failure!

The other day I sat down at my sewing machine, thinking that making doll clothes would be an absolute breeze after making Fred.  I cut out the pattern and the fabric and I was ready to go!  Then I started reading the instructions.  And realized I might be a bit over my head.  

I know how to sew.  I've made a king sized quilt years ago and a number of baby blankets.  But I've never made a piece of clothing before.  The markings on the pattern confuse me a bit to be perfectly honest.  Being so excited about starting this sewing adventure that I am, I don't want to self teach myself into horrible habits that will need to be broken later.

So what to do?

I enrolled in a sewing workshop.  I'm incredibly excited about it.  After a number of attempts of using the internet to find a sewing school, I finally found The Harlem Avenue Sewing Center.  Most of the other places are to close to downtown Chicago for my taste, or way out in the suburbs.  This place is in a perfect location for me.  

The workshop is three two hour sessions, once a week.  It starts next week and I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment