Monday, January 23, 2012

new set up!

My original sewing area simply had a sewing machine on a card table.  Then in my first sewing class, my teacher goes, "Never ever sew on a card table.  They're too unstable."

Oops.

My mom and I then brainstormed what to do.  We thought perhaps a desk.  I found some pamphlets for arrow sewing cabinets and fell in love.  Then checked the prices online and discovered they were far far far out of my budget.  So I started scouring craigslist.  And within a day found someone offering a brand new sewing cabinet that hadn't even been taken out of the box yet.  Yay!

I picked it up and spent close to four hours putting it together.  (It was a beast!)  I'm absolutely thrilled with the finished product.




I took it out for a test drive this evening and it works great.  Only downfall is that when I extend the arm fully, I have to keep my door closed, but that's not the end of the world.  Sort of makes me feel like a real sewer!

No comments:

Post a Comment