Monday, February 27, 2012

More About The Crafty Sage

I was bit by the crafting bug in fourth grade.  My teacher required every student to make a cross stitch pillow.  At the time, it seemed fairly ambitious.  But my little fingers loved playing with the thread and seeing the pattern come to life.  Of course, as I was nine, the completed project wasn't the best, but I was hooked.

Throughout the next seven or eight years I cross-stitched many an item.  Towels, tote bags, pictures, you name it.  Eventually I wanted more.  So I taught myself how to quilt.  And then in college, a friend showed me how to crochet.  And now, almost 25 years after I learned how to cross stitch, I'm discovering how to sew.  

The gaming bug bit me even earlier.  The first computer game I remember playing was called Jousting Time.  It was basically a jousting game.  And of course there was Oregon Trail.  Games came and went (special ones were the Heroes series, Civilization, and the Sims).  Then one day I managed to pluck up the courage to buy Guild Wars.  I had seen the box on various shelves for years.  But I was terrified by the multi-player aspect.  Thankfully I did manage to get over that aversion and found a great group of people to game with.  

And now Guild Wars 2 is (almost) out.  I've been completely inspired by that game and hope to try to craft many things that I discover in that world.  One week I may try to recreate a cooking recipe.  Another week maybe town clothes I particularly liked.  

Of course, this blog won't just be about Guild Wars 2 crafts.  I seem to be working on a number of projects at all times and can't wait to document them here.  Even though there will be hits and misses, I'm very excited to share them with you.


The pillow I made in 4th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment