Sunday, March 18, 2012

So Many Projects!


I had a fantastic crafty weekend.  Not that I actually completed any projects, but that I got the goods for a whole bunch of new ones!

As I've said before, I really want to learn how to make clothes.  *ahem* construct garments.  Luckily, I have a few friends that are willing to be giunea pigs for me.  So I have a top and a dress to make.


A friend of mine planned on getting a sewing machine this past weekend, and let me tag along.  One of the stores we went to was A Quilter's Paradise.  It was an absolutely beautiful store.  Big and airy and so much fabric and so many ideas.  Of course I couldn't walk out without buying something.  I got this jelly roll to make a lap quilt.  It's Christmas-y fabric and all lovely and vintage looking.  It was love at first sight.


So now I have that lovely problem of simply too many projects to work on.  Here's my current list.

1. Finish t-shirt quilt
2. Finish the boys baby sweater
3. Finish the two baby sweaters
4. Friend's top
5. Friend's dress
6. Jelly Roll quilt

Not too mention the two other projects that I want to start but haven't yet.  A summer quilt for myself and the Guild Wars 2 Engineer's backpack.  However, I have put my foot down.  I'm absolutely not allowed to work on any other project until my t-shirt quilt is done.  I'm so close.  I only have to finish the bias on two sides.  It's hand sewing and that always feels like it takes forever.  But I have plenty of TV to watch while I sew, so there's no excuse!

1 comment: