Saturday, March 10, 2012

I can haz pincushion?

On a whim in my local Joann's, I saw some fat quarters on sale.  So I decided to make a pin cushion.  And I decided not to use a pattern and instead improvise.  Here's what I started with.

All I knew when I sat down to make this was that I wanted to use piping.  I had never made or used piping until I had made my cape, and thought that a pincushion would be a good way to practice with it.

This certainly wasn't the easiest thing to make.  I had hoped to make most of it using my machine, but I ended up making most of this by hand.  Took me a few times, not to mention several uses of the seam ripper until I got this looking the way I wanted it to.



Cute, huh?  I desperately needed a pincushion, so at least that's off the list.  In other news, I posted on facebook about organizing a facebook quilting bee.  Basically I would supply the fabric and the notions for a block of a quilt, then send them to whoever wanted one.  Then they can send me back a completed block.  I think it sounds like a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment