Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the importance of pictures

I'm so annoyed with myself.  I made an awesome pillow for a friend of mine, for her birthday.  I took a couple of pictures during it, because I wanted to write a nice blog post about it.  And now I can only find one of the pictures.  And it's not even of the completed project.  Grr!  Well, let this be a lesson to me, to keep my photos better organized.

My friend loves scrabble.  So I thought it would be fun to make a scrabble pillow!  I took her and her husbands name, their 'theme' of happily ever after and some other important words, like love and hope and made a fabric scrabble board.  Here's how the pillow top looked.

The letters were stenciled on with hand made stencils. I sponged the paint on, but if I made this again, I would probably draw the letters with a black sharpie. It's not an exact replica of a scrabble board, but not too far off!

I'm bummed I don't have a completed picture to show off right now.  One of these days, when I go to my friends house, I'll take a picture there.

In other crafty news, I found my next sewing class.  It's at Vogue Fabrics and the class will start in May.  It's a 'beyond beginner' class that will focus on cuffs, and sleeves, and darts and all sorts of good things.  It'll be a trek, the place is in Evanston, which is a half-hour drive, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.  Especially since it will get me closer to my goal...

Which is this.  In six months, I want to be able to make a Jane Austen dress. I already have the pattern.  I couldn't resist once I saw all the patterns at Sense and Sensibility.  Now I just need the skills, which I'm slowly acquiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment