Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guild Wars

I've been doing quite a horrible job of juggling all the crafts that are on my plate at the moment.  Most likely because I seem to think that some progress needs to be made each day on each item.  Well, generally that seems to mean that no progress gets made on anything.  So starting tomorrow I'm going to mix it up a bit.  Each night I'll designate for a different project, like working on my t-shirt quilt, or various crocheted baby projects or writing.  Hopefully that will jump start things a bit.

My sewing class finished on Saturday.  I'm so glad I discovered that school.  A new class starts on this Saturday; we'll be working on pajama pants.  I wasn't able to finish the apron completely.  A log jam at the ironing board got in the way.  But I plan to finish it up tomorrow and I'll have a full post about it.

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk Guild Wars.  I remember seeing the box art when the game first came out and was smitten.  Almost every time I saw it I picked it up and kept thinking, 'if only this was a single player game...'  Then about three years ago, I said, 'what the hell,' and bought the game.  The plan was never to team with anyone, ever.  And because of the way the game is set up, it's totally possible to do that.

But after a few months, I got lonely.  There were all these people around me and no one to team with.  So when I saw a funny ad for a guild in Lion's Arch, I whispered the person and quickly found my Guild Wars home.  I've been lucky to meet some really great people through this game.

And now in a few months, Guild Wars 2 will be released.  I have plans, oh yes, I have plans.  My main goal is  to have the first Guild Wars 2 board on Pinterest.  Silly I know, but it's the little things in life that count.  I want to make my Guild Wars 2 board amazing and have all sorts of people who would never consider the game look at my board and go, 'Huh.  That looks kinda cool.'

Then I would very much like to start a crafting blog for Guild Wars 2.  And not just crafting in game.  Real life crafting.  Like Grumble Cake, which provides Vitality.  Or a Griffin Egg Omelette.  Obviously not made from real griffins, but you get the idea.  I think that would be a really fun blog to be a part of.  In fact, I think it'll be so much fun that I'm going to create the blog right now to hold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment