Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saner Heads Prevail

So I was able to convince my sister that a giant, and do I mean giant hippo might not be the best present for the newborn.  I mean, the hippo would have probably been twice the size of the baby.  Which might have provided some amusement, but not nearly enough for the effort.  It was then decided that the small version of the hippo would be best.  

I've actually learned a great deal so far.  First off, cutting out the pattern, then the fabric, then the interface kinda seems like a waste of time.  Is it possible to do all three at once?  Pin them all together and just cut?  I think I'm going to try that next time, cause I've put in a whole lot of effort and haven't even turned my machine on yet.  

Here's where I'm at:

Next I need to figure out how to transfer the markings to the fabric.  I bought both tailor's chalk and a marking pen today so hopefully one of those will work.  Then tomorrow (possibly, seeing that it's Christmas and all) I might be able to actually start sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment