Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Fresh Start

I finally unpacked my sewing machine today.  This poor machine hasn't been used in almost 3 years.  I didn't touch it once while living in Los Angeles.  But one thing I knew I wanted to do once I moved back to Chicago was learn how to sew clothes.  I can sew; I've made king sized quilts before.  Well, one quilt.  Not multiple ones.  But I'm more interested in clothes and learning how to make them.



I'm going to start simple.  I bought an 18 inch doll pattern.  If I can make that, I'll try another, more complicated one.  And so on.  Hopefully I'll be able to make adult clothes soon. 

However, I can't ignore my other crafting interests.  There are numerous crochet projects with my name on them at the moment.  I still would love to learn how to knit.  And finally, I'm going to research paper making.  Though that is a project for when the weather is nicer.

It's wonderful to feel so inspired about various projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment