Friday, December 23, 2011

More than I can Chew?

Oh my.

A friend of my sister is having her second baby in about a month.  For the first baby, I crocheted a gorgeous white and raspberry baby blanket.  I was incredibly proud of the end result.  I had assumed that I would make another baby blanket for this baby.  My sister, however, had other ideas.


She wanted a stuffed animal.  Now, one of my goals for 2012 is to really learn how to sew.  So when I found this pattern, I thought, perfect!  I would be able to practice my skills easily with this pattern.  This evening I decided that it was time to start.  I took out the pattern...


It's freaking huge!  I must admit, I'm sort of scared to make this.  There are darts, and all sorts of sewing techniques that I haven't tried in years.  If I can pull this off, my confidence in my sewing abilities will soar, that's for sure!  Tonight my goal is to get all the fabric cut, not the interface, though.  Then I'll most likely put everything aside for a couple of days for Christmas.  And then it's right back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment